Quote of the Day

"Beyond her husband, and in his heart, the wife sees and loves and serves Christ. Beyond his wife, and in her heart, the husband sees and loves and serves Christ."
~M. Eugene Boylan, O. Cist. R., This Tremendous Lover

Sunday, June 27, 2010

That Certain Something

What is is about little boys and their dads?

Bert loves his Dad. To him, The Man is... THE MAN. The other day Bert told me, quite seriously, "My Dad is a super hero."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. He said so."





I know what he means.

At dinner I can't get a word in. Bert just wants to talk to his Dad. He has "so many questions to tell him". He'll make up endless stories just to keep his dad's attention.





Sometimes we argue over who loves The Man. "No no, Mom. You don't love Dad. You love me and I love you, and I love Dad myself."




And I love that.




No comments:

Post a Comment