Quote of the Day

"Beyond her husband, and in his heart, the wife sees and loves and serves Christ. Beyond his wife, and in her heart, the husband sees and loves and serves Christ."
~M. Eugene Boylan, O. Cist. R., This Tremendous Lover

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Red Meat and Fire



Dear Hook,

I so solly about the bats. So very solly. Here's a happy memory to take your mind off the tragedy that is your bat-filled but Edward, Bella, and Jacob-less life.

Remember these beauties? Nothing makes me smile like steak. Slightly charred, perfectly pink inside (thanks to The Man!). I think it was the best dinner I've had in I don't know how long.
And since I'm already forgetting exactly what was done, here's what I do remember:

- you marinated the beef, so I can't say exactly what you did to make it so delicious, but you did say something about lots of soy sauce, worcestershire, and garlic, no?

-potatoes were sliced, boiled (and not mush!) , cooled and tossed with cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, chives, and tarragon. I think I splashed some red wine vinegar over everything, too. And s & p of course.

- I just couldn't include a picture of the homemade mayonnaise. As lovely as it was, all pungent with garlic and lemon, the photo didn't look lovely at all. Very congealed and slithery looking. Which isn't to say I didn't dab pretty much every mouthful with it. And tasted garlic all night long. All night.

So that's that. It was the kind of meal after which I should have announced, "I am replete." They seem to say that in books, don't they? I'm not even sure what it means, but I figure it something like "I am satisfied and then some."

Fagin

No comments:

Post a Comment