Quote of the Day

"Beyond her husband, and in his heart, the wife sees and loves and serves Christ. Beyond his wife, and in her heart, the husband sees and loves and serves Christ."
~M. Eugene Boylan, O. Cist. R., This Tremendous Lover

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some Summers

Kirsten & Samantha by CinnamonDolce.



Dear Fagin,

Do you remember that one Summer we spent holed up in Mom and Dad's room? It was one of only two air conditioned rooms in the house, the other option being the library with the couch that stunk like sweaty boys.

Probably because of the sweaty boys.

Who sat there and sweat... ed.

So we picked a corner of Mom and Dad's room, shoved the piles out of the way, and made a home for our dolls. Kirsten with Fagin, and Samantha with Hook. And one of those teeny weeny (ha ha. teeny weeny) Tobasco sauce bottles, and tiny little newspapers you made, all rolled up and cute. I think my contribution was little wads of bread that I molded into loaves of doll bread. No, I'm gonna say that was your idea, too. I bet Mom appreciated it.

Wasn't it fun, though? I think of it whenever the Summer gets very hot. I also think of Margaritas, but who's perfect? Honestly, though, sitting there in the cool mooshing little balls of bread around was about as good as it gets.

It sure beat sitting on the sweat couch.

Nostalgically yours,
Hook






No comments:

Post a Comment