Quote of the Day

"Beyond her husband, and in his heart, the wife sees and loves and serves Christ. Beyond his wife, and in her heart, the husband sees and loves and serves Christ."
~M. Eugene Boylan, O. Cist. R., This Tremendous Lover

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eight Years Ago Today

Dear Fagin,


Eight years ago today you married a fabulous man. I was so proud. I remember telling you, when you had just started dating Mr. Fagin, "That's the one. You should marry him." Good thing I'm so S-M-R-T, and good thing you listened to me. Ha. You already knew, didn't you?

You two made sense right away. You still do. He's whip smart; you (don't think you are but you) are, too. He's mellow, you're passionate. You're one of the funniest people I know. He's got a great laugh. You're both forgiving, humble, generous. Things you need to be to make it eight years. I'm still so proud of you both, proud to be your sister, grateful to be your friend. I could go on and on, but if I did I might fluster your Irish Freeze, and then where would we be? Yo-ho. Har har.

Happy 8th anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Fagin. I'm so happy for you!

much love,
Hook






No comments:

Post a Comment