Quote of the Day

"Beyond her husband, and in his heart, the wife sees and loves and serves Christ. Beyond his wife, and in her heart, the husband sees and loves and serves Christ."
~M. Eugene Boylan, O. Cist. R., This Tremendous Lover

Monday, September 13, 2010

No More Mister Lame Guy... Girl

Dear Fagin,

Whoa.

Whoa.

It's been almost two months. Our reading public must be in despair! Abandoned and alone. Confused and constipated.

Or oblivious.

Because we have no public. The public deserves better than us. S'part of why I haven't written in so long... I just didn't have nothin' good to say. First there was that weird funk. And then those three or four weeks of 90 degree weather when I never went outside or opened my curtains and sat huddled in my sweaty house in the dark thinking bad thoughts. It was a serious case of SAD (that's Seasonal Affective Disorder... I think), which is weird because I thought that could only happen in the Winter.

And then! And then September came and with it the wind that blew the stink and the SAD away. We've had the most gorgeous series of sparkling cool days I can remember. My windows are open. Almost all the time. We go to the park and the zoo again. I see sky. And it is good! More than the change in the weather, though, it's the change of heart. God is changing it. He's been trying for ages and I just wasn't letting him. I'm trying to let him now, and dang! but He is good. Seriously, I was waaaaay underestimating the Guy. So here are a few of my resolutions.

Today I will give glory to God.

Today I will not think of myself. All. The. Time. Ok, I won't after I'm done with this post. Dang.

Today I will talk to my son. I will take him outside to play. I will tell him how much I love him.

Today I will say thank you. Thank you thank you thank you!

I will not make mystery slop for dinner.

I will be patient.

I will smile. And maybe laugh. And definitely sing.

Today my husband will know that I appreciate him. Because I'll tell him. And show him.

I will go to mass (missed it this morning... sometimes a girl's got to shave her legs).

I will not mope, or feel sorry for myself (why is that one especially hard?).

I will clean my house. With a joyful spirit.

I will be reminded over and over that I could do none of this by myself. That none of the credit is mine. That this is all a gift. All of it.

Today I will say thank you (sincerely!) for my small crosses. Especially for the gift of infertility. I never thought I would be able to do that. But with Him all things are possible.

Today is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be GLAD!

Slap-happily yours,
Hook

No comments:

Post a Comment