Quote of the Day

"Beyond her husband, and in his heart, the wife sees and loves and serves Christ. Beyond his wife, and in her heart, the husband sees and loves and serves Christ."
~M. Eugene Boylan, O. Cist. R., This Tremendous Lover

Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Most Uncanny...

The way that God gives us just what we need, right when we need it... if we're willing to take it. When I was waking up at night, fearing the devil, what is in my scriptural reading for the next morning? Luke 4:37-44. Jesus heals a possessed boy. "'O unbelieving and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you and put up with you?"... But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and restored him to his father. And all were astounded at the majesty of God."

Wow. Ok, good reminder.

And again today, after I've been having trouble keeping up with my daily prayers: "...The Lord loveth a cheerful giver; and it is far better to give Him one minute cheerfully than ten minutes under duress."(M. Eugene Boylan, O. Cist. R., This Tremendous Lover)

Spell it out for me, God. Spell it out.

Happy birthday to my hilarious, sweet, rappin' nephew, Joseph. Four makes a big boy. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment